I have a very simple theory when it comes to cheating: Those who do, haven’t grown up yet. Cheating is a distinguishing line between the men and boys and the women and girls — one group understands, accepts, and takes responsibility, the other doesn’t.
Husbands and wives need to make sure that everyone they encounter knows they are committed to their spouse and are immune to whatever charms the opposite sex may have. If someone knows you’re married and they come on to you, they are doing it to feed their own ego, not yours. They want to see how much power they hold over you and, if you take the bait, you’ve just confirmed in their mind you can be played. A husband who truly loves and respects his wife does not put the fleeting boost to his ego that comes from getting a smile from a pretty co-worker above his wife’s peace of mind and her happiness. A wife shows the same love and consideration to her husband.
It’s also about not crossing any lines. If you say something or do something that you wouldn’t want your spouse to hear or know about, something that would hurt them if they found out, then you’ve crossed the line, it’s as simple as that.
This list of reasons of why I will always be faithful to my husband comes from my heart to his.
1. My wedding vows actually mean something to me. “Do you, L, take B, to be your lawfully wedded husband, do you promise to love, comfort, honour and keep him from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, as long as you both shall live?” To which I replied, “I do.” He repeated the same vows to me.
2. I respect my husband and I can’t imagine doing anything that would disrespect that commitment. I do not go out into the world giving other men the attention and interest that was promised to my husband. (That is the “forsaking all others” part of those marriage vows.) There is a huge difference between being friendly and crossing the line into flirting. There is no such thing as innocent flirting, period. Flirting is a form of seduction and husbands and wives need to remember that fact.
3. Character-wise, cheating is just not a part of my personality. I don’t think I could enjoy the same intimacy with my husband if I knew that our relationship was built on a lie.
4. I have a conscience, especially a guilty one. I wouldn’t be able to live with the guilt.
5. I wouldn’t want to bring home that most deadly disease of all – broken trust.
6. I still get excited when I get to see him for the first time of the day. I wake up very early and head to work before he is even awake. It’s close to 8:00 p.m. before we see each for the first time. My stomach still tingles with excitement when I know I’m only a few minutes from seeing him.
7. He loves me. He tells me he loves several times throughout the day. A simple “I love you,” text during the day and the last thing I hear at night as I prepare to drift off to sleep is my husband loves me.
8. He is my best friend. I would rather hang out with him than anyone else I know. Taking a few moments to talk over coffee or a glass of wine are some of the moments I cherish the most.
9. I miss him when we are apart for a few days (or his work schedule doesn’t allow us to spend time together). Time away from each other is healthy and beneficial; the reunion is ever sweeter.
10. Sometimes I actually think he’s funny. ツ I appreciate his sarcastic wit and his [occasionally] well-timed comebacks. No courtesy laughs here.
11. He still likes to hold hands when we are walking. Holding hands while we walk makes something ordinary much more special.
12. Just being with him is special. In the evening, when the day’s responsibilities are behind us, we grab a few moments to just be with each other as we chat (and sometimes) cuddle while watching something mindless on television. A few precious minutes for sure.
13. I can’t imagine life without him. A life worth living is a life worth sharing. Sharing my life with my husband provides so much joy. My heart will always remain faithful to his because it is constantly being filled with love. I believe it will always be this way – no matter what.
14. I’d never want to be cheated on and I believe what goes around comes around.
15. I wouldn’t have a husband if I felt the need to cheat. Part of that is being completely satisfied regardless of any outside “opportunities”. If these “opportunities” interest me enough that I’d feel the urge to cheat, then I clearly wouldn’t care for him enough, I’d respect him – and myself- enough to just say it’s not working.
Number 16? Oh yeah … “sexy time”. He is the kind of lover who pleases me in ways I never even imagined before and puts my pleasure before his own. Nuff said.